Monday, October 23, 2006

6 More Days: Counterfeit Finance Advice

I am still trying to figure out what has been said and what was said. Can anyone actually save up MYR2k/month in KL? This was what my friend proclaim he was trying to do. His daily attributes to achieve this vision is:

  1. Mi Sedap [the one with extra bawang - and mind you, he cooks it with only hot water because he saves up on gas, plus, he doesnt have a stove]
  2. He is still driving an old car with no loans to pay
  3. He quit smoking altogether [buying them that is, he takes from his friend]
  4. He quits drinking altogether [buying them that is, he is a parasite]
  5. He is renting out his newly acquired house to help pay for the instalments.
  6. He reuses his shampoo for body shampoo. In case if that is not enough, he uses a soap.
  7. He reuses the left over shampoo water after his shower to wash the dishes.
  8. He comes out for Yum Cha but doesnt bring his wallet out.
  9. He only brings MYR15 to work everyday [that's the maximum]
  10. He uses office phones all the time. After work, he doesnt call anyone.

With this 10 reasons, I dont see why he is not saving up. However, to practice this 10 reasons is simply bullshit! He had me screwed up for a minute there, and now, prompting me to re-evaluate my finances. Can I save up MYR2k/month? I am not even able to save up a meagre MYR30, not to mention MYR1k. Its either I am screwed, or he is too screwed up! Please advice.

No comments: