Sunday, October 22, 2006

India New Discovery: Kingfisher Air & Misc

My recent India trip made me discovered this fantastic airline, Kingfisher Airline of India. Puts Air Asia to shame. I flew from Delhi-Mumbai (Bombay) - Delhi.


Anyone new to the name will find it a big dodgy... Kingfisher Air. Sounds a bit 'chekai' to say the least and I wasnt actually looking forward to it. But it surprised me so much I had to post this.



The 2 hour flight was more than a bargain. Upon setting foot into the plane, you are welcomed by the ever friendly crew, all ready with a gift pack for you. In it, you get candies, flight menu [FOC... yes, its FOC!!], headsets, pen, etc. I must say, I was most impressed with the interior. YES... in flight entertainment and dedicated screens for your comfortable viewing! Even flying MAS from KUL-Delhi-KUL, passengers were only given main projectors every 4-5 rows of seats. Throughout the entire journey back to Delhi, there were 10 dedicated radio stations from Hindi to English, and 5 dedicated channels, mostly comedy! It does say a lot about the projected image of this airliner... "fly the good times". I am most impressed! Kudos!

Aint it nice to see Air Asia coming up with better options to impress us?


[Cont'...][Part II]

As much as I begun trying not to be "NOooOOoo Mario......", OR "This isnt IT and that.. wtf??!!", India is the gateway to "eye-openers". Seen below is the typical building or so in Central Delhi [I use to think of Delhi as a somewhat very progressive capital just like KL, but by adopting KL picturesque to compare with Delhi, the results are of frustration, inconclusive although uninanimous].




However, this goes without saying that every modern city needs to have a form of class-act. Pictured here below is one of the shopping malls (The Metropolitan) located a long stretch of road, and I would say about 1.5km of road, there's about 7-8 Shopping Malls. However, its not in Delhi. Its in one of the outskirt cities located along the Ring road called "Gurgaon". I stayed and work there, not Delhi.

The interior of the shopping complex...


And finally, where I stayed throughout my trip to Delhi, Hotel Searock in Mumbai, Windsor Castle [left] and Windsor Castle II [right]. Not forgetting to mention, the entire place was WIFI-ed and I was simply a pleased man. :-)





Shown below is the old office for Huawei, DLF office. This was taken from the balcony of the guesthouse I was staying in.


And this was the 4Wheeler accorded to me during my 2 week stay there. just remember its a "Qualis" :-)




Chao...

No comments: