Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Part III: Karachi Rocks

Visible moon on a fine evening in Karachi. Not the best of pictures... damn the noise distortion/ input.. wished I had my EOS here with filter.


As I continued on with my evening stroll on a Sunday evening... couldnt help but noticed that I had the blardy galls to walk about in Karachi where almost everyone eyes you... especially when I was alone... the guards with their M16s and Kalashnikovs, some royal guards and rangers with machetes in their 4WD's, but then, all that soon vapored out. I knew, it was what I wanted and had, and that is what aspires me to be wanting more and more out of traveling... the adventure, photops, writing, experience and the knowledge!

Nearby to my guesthouse, is Clifton Beach and a park, Bagh Ibne Qasim... not the ordinary park but an extremely huge park located by the beach (mind you, I had blisters by the time I completed the park stroll...). Started restoration and building works in 2006, 300 days later, 73 acres of land and PKR 600m, it has turned to be quite a spectacle. It was only opened recently on the 27th February 2007.



Stroll at the park somewhere near to Clifton Beach. It was indeed a massive park spread over 3 football pitches... carefully chereographed and decorated. The picture is only showing half of the park's width... further afield where the horizon is, is Clifton Beach.







Proper uplighting brings the park to life in the night. When I was standing there, it felt more like a coliseum runway... or stairway to kingdom.













Commemoration tablet engraved onto the Park's Entrance











Just adjacent to the park is a shopping mall... yes!! A shopping mall! My first walk into a shopping mall in Karachi after 4 months! Splendid! Name of shopping mall... Park Towers in Karachi! That's why, Karachi Rocks!

No comments: