Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Week T'was...

Its always strange how we look at things. Last week, I had a chance to experience what is it like having your hair cut under the tree a.k.a Malaysia ala 80’s. I have always walked pass this particular barber who runs his barber just under the tree… I was compelled to try but had no guts until that Sunday… and asked myself, what’s there to lose? I walked up, and offered myself as their celebrity customer. The barber was surprised but was more than willing to give it his best shot.

In the end, it was ok. I’ve got nothing to complain about except for a few flies buzzing around and it was hot! Now, that’s what I call a blast from the past! Check this out.


The ol' skool accessories of a make-shift barber stall under the tree


yup... that's me... the celebrity customer for the day. Believe me, there was plenty of onlookers... they were as confused as I am. I dont know what made me do it.


The full picture...

On the other front, I visited a site recently and it wasn’t long before I noticed the drastic change in weather which completed had me uprooted and in an awe… within a space of 10 minutes… the transformation of clouds was….. simply magnificent, yet threatening, yet beautiful. Here are the shots!


The beginning of a somewhat amazing formation of clouds from a perfectly fine day


Beginning to look threatening but it was amazing how it all took place very rapidly... this was 8 minutes after the intial 2 shots


This 2 snaps were 3 minutes after the previous 2 shots.

This was the penultimate image which speaks a thousand words. It didnt rain at all, there was strong gusts, it looks as though the sky was about to crash onto you, or a heavy storm or tornado was heading our way but nothing happened out of it. It reminded me of how Mom used to illustrate the anger of God by slowly stirring a glass of tea with some condensed milk in it. The changing face of the tea into milk tea was fascinating then. But this... this snapshot reminds me of how times have changed and the ferosity of nature, yet, so sublimely beautiful.

No comments: