Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year 2009


As usual, the year came and left in whiff… I am not too sure about others but for me, the year went by extremely fast this time. It was like in a blink of an eye. People say time passes by more quickly when you are enjoying it… I guess it’s true.

Last year, I enjoyed myself in the Philippines… apart from work, I think I am benefited from the perks that came along with my job. Even though ridden with stress and hellish hours, I thought my task here was pretty secured and one which was sustainable. This year, would be a wee bit different. Although not much of a change will take place, my position as an expat will be more precarious than last year. I will have to employ a more sustainable approach and strategy to tackle the boardroom antics and politics. In fact, I hate playing these games but when it comes to survival, its game on.

Had a family BBQ yesterday at the garden, it was all close knitted friends etc. I even had invitations and free tickets to parties around town, with which, would have been a dream during my younger days in college. However, I turned all of them down to stay at home. Sign of aging? NO~!!! It’s a sign of maturity!! Hahahaha… it just felt as though getting to town itself was a bane, never mind the crowded bars and foam spraying kids trying to riddle you with their fashion and antics! Hence, I became a good boy yesterday.

Tomorrow, I will be leaving back to Phils for another couple of weeks before flying back to Ipoh for the CNY celebrations. This time around, it will be quieter than usual because of the economic crisis. Hence, I will have more time to close my current project before the new phase starts. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the towers I ordered before Christmas are already here in the Phils when I return.

I had a look back at what I asked for 5 years ago in January 2004, and now, 5 years on, I am glad I have already obtained 50% of my answer.


Anyway, it’s the New Year and honestly, I cant wait for it to surprise me! Happy New Year!!

No comments: