Wednesday, May 08, 2002

By Starlight

A surge of responsibility rushed through my head... reminding me of the countless things undone todate. I woke up yesterday... renewing my confidence once more... hopefully for the better and it was indeed a day to begin with. I worked for 11hours yesterday and still, I managed to obtain letter of references from 3 referees within 2 hours. Tired as I was... I will continue my fight as vowed yesterday. Came back from work, slept for 2 hours and I was up again composing my biographical essay for my scholarship. It's now 6:57am and I've just finished it. Will be going to work again in 3 hours time. As I've said... no hostages taken.... it will be a determined quest on my own... to run right up till the finishing line. I'm sick of tearing myself apart with my own fate... I am my own destiny. I have survived worsed off situations in the States... I'll fight without hoping for admiration... Josh... you're lucky but I'm back.

Recently, there were 3 separate cases of robbery, rape and murder within a block of my flat with the most recent a murder case. The robbery and rape victims were a couple and a girl from China respectively. Both cases were committed by locals. The murder case is still unknown but the area was cordoned off with police crime tapes all over. Worse of all, the area was just beside the traffic police station. All of us are more aware now but not to worry... we are taking security into importance now. Shit happens anyway but now, we are more cautious to the black areas. The word has been passed around. Really, no cause for concern. My life is not that short after all.

The Story Continues....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


::Smashing Pumpkins-By StarLight::

By starlight I'll kiss you
And promise to be your one and only
I'll make you feel happy
And leave you to be lost in mine
And where will we go, what will we do?
Soon said I, will know
Dead eyes, are you just like me?
Cause her eyes were as vacant as the seas
Dead eyes, are you just like me?
And all along, we knew we'd carry on
Just to belong
By starlight I know you
As lovely as a wish granted true
My life has been empty, my life has been untrue
And does she really know, who I really am?
Does she really know me at last
Dead eyes, are you just like me?


No comments: