Monday, October 07, 2002

Gentle Breeze

Indescribable as it seems, tough yet challenging. My course starts off like an actual Outward Bound course for a 1 year old kid. Here I am from a Mechanical background going into a Construction scene... so, civil guys... watch your back. Anyway... the MSc. has outstretched me to my limits and as each day goes by, I am increasing my limitations, venturing into a 'once-thought-far-from-reach' datum. Somehow or rather... I will pull it through. Let's keep our finger's crossed. But it's funny how it all ends up so philosophically and mentally arousing that we have to have answers for our very own answers. And we have to keep questioning what other people are questioning or researching. Finding answers to answers that has never been answered before. I mean think about it... there's so many things in this whole wide world to research about and in reality... when are we gonna find all these answers to our questions? Never! It's all about thinking really, in a Masters course.

Anyway, went about my b'day the other day and it was so unexpected! And to be very honest, I haven't had a bunch of friends to celebrate it with me before... but of course... I reserved the day before for my other half and it was quite an evening spent dining and basking in the moonlight. The very next day, lecures as usual but as night fell, what was thought to be only 3 friends celebrating it for me swelled right up to 17ppl and that was cool fun. Nonetheless... it was another ordinary day and I am just glad each day passes by peacefully. It has been stressful over the last few weeks... I have been having migraine from my sinus and it was killing me. Really, the stress got the better outtaf me over the last few weeks but I am glad I am finally coming to terms with it. Not to mention the nose bleed for 3 consecutive days!! But all is well now... no more of that sort... just the occasional migraine. Not to mention the A & E of the Royal Liverpool Hospital which almost led me to insanity on Thursday night. Went there at 11pm and only got off at about 6am!! Went there for a check up on my constant nose bleed and you know something… when I queried the doctor regarding my abnormal bleeding… he queried me back…”Is your nose bleeding now?”.. and I gladly told him no and he replied me… “Then I can’t do anything about it coz it’s not bleeding now.”…. I mean… common sense would have told him that if I was still bleeding now and for 3 consecutive days… I would have been dead!! What I wanted literally from the doctors was that they might have been able to run up a brain scan on me to see if there were any internal injuries or something like that… but no! They stuck to the question of “Was I still bleeding from my nose at that very moment?”… Pretty dumb I would say huh?? So, I finally came to the utter conclusion that it was my sinus which was causing all the headache and the bleeding caused by the lamb chops and steaks over the past few days! Damn… my favourites which I have to omit from my menu for the next week or so till I recover!

Liverpool played today... coming to think of it, today was the only day ever since I started my course that I felt really relaxed and composed. It all started in the evening when after 89 minutes of open play, Michael Owen scored for Liverpool's 1-0 win over Chelsea at Anfield!! It really brightened up my day instantly and immediately after that, I was thinking... what the hell... and I went to the cinema with SP for the show 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding'. After the show, we went to Caesar's Palace for a sumptuous meal and it was really like ..."Gosh... it feels so good!" and I started to question myself on the last I came out like that! It was like being a dolphin for once after so long! No more work politics like before but there you go, studies stress comes along and its like a continuous motion. Anyhow, Liverpool is in 2nd place and hot on Arsenal’s heels... 2 points behind and it’ll be a hot title race after all… You’ll Never Walk Alone lads!

No comments: