Thursday, June 30, 2005

Car Quotation

I felt the need to post what I’ve posted. I wont deny the fact that I was actually near the stage of self destruct. But blurting it out makes me sane again. Blogging makes sense. Here’s a copy of the quotation given to me by Thong Hing Motors in Jalan Ipoh on the 27/6/05.








As can be seen, the price of certain parts were reasonable albeit a bit higher than standard, but wtf were they thinking about when they charged me RM 750 for battery as seen in the picture! Were they putting 3 superchargers into the car?? For me, the final straw was the incredulously excessive and high labor costs! That completely put me off immediately! I rung them up and was subsequently told that it was actually a typing error which they rectified but the point was, if I hadn’t called, I would be charged RM 5,042 for it. Anyway, the total quotation still came up to about RM 4,400 which I think was still high. Hence, I opted out, towed the car all the way back to Ipoh and got this final quotation where work begun yesterday.

Quotation in Ipoh *(KL Prices are in bracket)

1. Bumper : RM 180 (RM 310)
2. Bonnet : RM 250 (RM 320)
3. Headlamp RH : RM 200 (RM 290)
4. Grille Front (or called Sarong+ no. plate) : RM 100 (RM 210)
5. Engine Repair (cond., fan, radiator, rad hose, etc) : RM 800 (RM 1,058)
6. Labour Charges : RM 500 (RM 1,680)
7. Painting : RM 400 (RM 340)
8. Service Tax : RM 0 (RM 80)

Total Payable (Ipoh)

– RM 2,430 + RM 490 (Towing Fees for KL-Iph, Iph-Gpng)
– RM 2,920

Total Payable (KL- Thong Hing)

- RM 4,288 + RM 80 (Towing Fees Sgmbt – Jln Ipoh)
- RM 4,368

Price Difference : RM 1,448

One can imagine what I can do with the extra RM 1,500!! The car is in the garage now and repairing works are underway. Hopefully in a week or two, it'll be ready.

p/s: I am still sane...

No comments: