Friday, June 17, 2005

Prague: The Immortalized City

Spectacular Prague



Prague Castle from far


The Infamous Charles Bridge


The spireson top of the building which gave this city its nick (City with a thousand spires)


The famous Astronomical Clock which gives out an eerie chime that spells out the character of the city, charming and unique

One of the serene and cobbled streets found in the city of Prague

The Grand Prague Castle by night

After a long layoff, it feels good having to look back at these pictures. Although these pics are fairly recent, it seems a long time from the last 3 months. I am back in Ipoh now, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, away from the depressing feeling that has engulfed me for the last few weeks. Its not that I feel better back here... but its a welcoming respite from the norm. These pics give me a sense of serenity knowing that such places exists in the world and it gives me great comfort especially when I've been there. How I wish I can turn back the clock.

Went for an interview with HuaWei Technologies (M) the other day...2 infact in a matter of 2 days. Result? I am still contemplating. In a way because I wasnt offered the position that I wanted but was given a challenging role instead. Neither the company nor me is holding the upper hand as both parties are stuck. On my part was the interest. On their part, the language barrier. Stalemate! Still thinking. But I would be silly if I refused them... rite? Hmmmphh... What about our principles then? ... that its sad if we do the things that we dont wanna do? Or shall we just fuck that and treat it as a stepping stone? HuaWei is a huge MNC and the Msia HQ in KLCC is responsible for the AP region spanning 15 countries in total. I might just have to doubly consider it since the job has so much of a corporate pulling power and future. Hmmmph...

Stephannie has started work and she has been coping pretty well considering the fact that she has been complaining abt the whole Msian thing. Good Luck Steph! But you really have impressed me very much. Proud of you! In fact, the past few weeks or even months have been tremendous. Together with Stephannie, we've been through such a drastic transition... from the monotonous to the uncertainties, from the highs to the lows and most of all, our perspectives and focus on the three most important things, life, money and career has shifted into another gear. Its easy to say that we just have to move along with it... but doing it is another thing. However such, things have calmed down a little and I am just hoping for the best, taking each day at a time without stressing myself out!

Hopefull the next when I blog, I can post some pictures from my other Euro destinations. Ta'...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply put, Prague is one of Europe's most beautiful cities. An evening stroll across the Charles Bridge -- as the sun sets behind the castle and the last rays are reflected by the Old Town's golden spires -- has become one of those European "musts." And who can forget the beer?