Monday, August 08, 2005

Second Week: Huawei

It was a boring first week.. with nothing much to do and loads to learn and grasp since I am not a telco guy. However, things have changed these week with loads to learn and deal with and worse of all is, I've only been given one week to sort out tonnes of shit. Well, guess that's just work... but one thing for sure, Huawei IS really a chinaman company. Just gotta get my bearings rite... but it being a chinaman company, it sure does impress me with its expansion. To say the least, it is really a GIGANTIC company and one wonders how they deal with foreigners or westerners at a level platform. This is an eye opener and I will definitely take a great deal out of it.

Work so far has been mundane, paperwork, paperwork, and paperwork. There's just too many redtapes around that work seems endless. Colleagues are ok but faces change every week. This moment you see this person around, the followng week they will be flown somewhere else. But I'm beginning to get the hang out of it... so, its ok. These few days have been absolutely choking... the haze is BACK. That's what everyone says... and worse of all is, its worse than before... the horrendous part is, no one is doing anything and that includes the freaking government. Hope it'll subside soon before the weekend because I am beginning to get very very agitated by it.

Ahhh... my new pad... looks ok, not too big or small, just nice, cosy. Not too far from the LRT station that I take to work everyday either... roughly about 10minutes and that's supposedly good. Anyway, things are beginning to look brighter and I am glad. I am currently at Starbucks KLCC blogging coz there isnt any internet access in the office. This chinaman restricted our access to increase productivity... I guess that's the way it works with them but it does prove to be a pain in the ass at times. Example... trying to download a driver when your system's crashed and you reinstalled Windows. The whole process would have been much quicker getting it from the internet but no... they had to download it from the main office, burned it, and couriered it to the MNI office at a cost and not to mention, time wasted. Anyway, if that's the way it works, that's the way its gonna be. If you cant beat them, join them! Mmmm... guess I've been using this phrase quite often these days too 'if that's the way its gonna be'.... maybe I've been trying to learn how to accept things more readily than refrain myself and get stuck with the old values.

Well, gotta go now, will be trying to update more often when I have the time because my workplace is just right opposite KLCC, abt 5minutes walk, but for now, I am choking. The haze is terrible. Chao.

No comments: