Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ladida...

...meaning?... I am lost for words... meaning, a new vocab in my dictionary... just like how 'oopsy daisy' came to the big screen on 'Notting Hill'... a revival of old vocabs in a truly authentic and typical English fashion. Wondered where it originated from? Anyways, as far as one is concerned, 'huh?' is just an expression of blurriness when a statement was well read or understood... BUT, it is also a funny expression in many other ways when you look at the more simpler things in life because it is not just a word, but an expression of closeness, love? Because one can either use the more formal and appropriate way of expressing thyself with 'Sorry?' or "Pardon me?".

...meaning?.... "huh?" is also a nomenclature for "laughter" when it is combined with the facial expression that seeks not only for a repetition of what was being said but "huh?....". It certainly did the trick with Julia Roberts on the set of Notting Hill when Hugh Grant said 'Oopsy Daisy...".
It certainly did the trick with me on the latter.

Work wise, I have been unable to explain the phenomenon that has engulfed me of late. It cripples you. Taunts you. Subdues you to a point of stress. But it also brings the best out of you. It certainly did for me. But strangely, I feel no tiredness. Not an inch of whining or complaining either so much so it draws stares... really weird stares, comments and statements. I love the job! Am I guilty as charged? Am I subjugated to conviction? People think I should. My counterparts think I am crazy. And they think I should stop 'habitualizing' it in front of the bosses for the benefit of the company. But hear my answer, I am not commercializing myself. Neither am I 'habitualizing' it. It's just me and the enormous interest in getting the job done. Hope you understand. Here's my two cents worth - Enjoy the job and the role that you assume, not because of the reward, but for personal satisfaction of gaining knowledge. One can never proclaim to be knowledgeable. It doesn't cease. It's a continuous process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

huh??! o_0

You know, there's more to life than 9-5. Enjoy the little things life throws at you.
*smile*