Sunday, August 27, 2006

Malaysia oh Malaysia...

I used to believe in politics, as innocent as I can be, ....when I was in the UK. I stop short of thinking otherwise when doubts get the better of me. After all, presses reports the real thing. Or... do they not? Is there transparency? Again, I stop short of thinking about 'what ifs?'

There are so many on goings in Malaysia that it never ceases to impress the general public, and the politicians abroad. Our politicians become the laughing stock of the globalized world. Second to the Taiwaneses of course... but does that makes us better? Khairy oh Khairy... where art thou? I see that you are still caught up somewhere in between 1969... Rafidah, oh, ...why oh why, what would Malaysia do without you.... you patriotic angst of economy's downturn! I hate to question the integrity of Malaysian politics... but it never ceases to amuse me to the core. Its hillarious. Why oh why did I return?

Transportation is a farce. It looks good for the tourism... yeay... LRT in Malaysia. Two recent breakdowns on the LRT within a span of 45 days is horrifying. Let me see... my only complain is:

  • Ventilation is poor to the CORE.
  • No Air Conditioning in a generally hot and humid climate. Perhaps the Putra or STAR bosses arent from around here.
  • Stop the bullshit with your prompt recorded messages as stated in your website. Those who were caught in the trains or stuck in stations weren't informed. Prolly after 10 minutes? ... when people were forced to pry open doors for ventilation?
  • Only 2 coaches in operation when each station can take at least 3 coaches. Look at examples in Kelana, Bangsar, KL Sentral, Masjid Jamek. I dont understand the reasoning to only have 2 Coaches especially during peak hours.


Now now... what is going to be done? YAB Mr Nice Guy could perhaps explain what is it with the allocation of funds to upgrade transportation? Probably you might want to take the train one day and see it for yourself. I would applaud them for doing so at peak hours. Dr. Fong Chan Onn... you were caught in traffic for one hour... what's the complain? People were trapped in the train for 2 hours, had to force open the door and walk the tracks. Take the train, and you'll see what I mean. And yet, people dont fuss, they get on with it, day after day, month after month and year after year.


Ahhh... Malaysia Truly Asia.

No comments: