Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Incredible India: Day I

*all in India time*

2145 hrs - Indira Ghandi International Airport it is. It took the plane almost 15 minutes to manouver around the tarmac before coming to a stop. Long runway that was.

2155hrs - Efficient airport services. Took us only 10 minutes to get off the plane and onto the terminals

2210hrs - Luggage claim was slow. Almost 20 minutes wait.

2215hrs - Got out to the Arrival Hall... couldnt see the HW placard with my name on it. Called secretary and accordingly, traffic was bad. Thought as much, anyway, safety first, got my HW tag out. Within 5 minutes, got spotted. It worked! Voila...

2225hrs - Got into the car, traffic was really bad. Wished I was in Malaysia. But this was better than in Cambodia. The roads were dusty, no street lights, buses and lorries without tail lights... cars and motorcyclists were kicking up dusts as they revved up their engines, overtaking and honking as they went by. No idea why they do that, maybe to warn other vehicles that they are approaching. bah....

Totally immersed in the environment as I pondered. I was baffled, lost for words as I expected something more. Structurally incompetent looking on to the fact that its the hub for greater things to come.

2250hrs - Got to Windsor Castle... completely surprised me. I couldnt get my head around it. It was a bungalow, lying slap right in the middle of a lalang field. 30-50m on the left and right, another bungalow, supposedly for IBM and Alcatel (we know because we went to the wrong bungalow and the person came out to ask... IBM?? Alcatel??)

2300hrs - Checked in and everything... thought, better not expect anymore... then swooosh... the whole lot was WIFI activated and they had satellite which made my day!! Most of all, they had ESPN.. which completes my EPL quest for the next 2 weeks!

2315hrs - Ordered a nasi Briyani... which was nice! Lets see if I get HSH tmr (Hoi Sui Hao - in Cantonese which equals to opening the tap which equals to diarrhoea!! hehe) Then only to find out air con not working under conditions of 35 degrees Celcius. Luckily there is fan.

2325hrs - Phoommph.... The lights went out. 15 seconds in total. It came back on. I was rooted to where I stood.

2340hrs - Again... Phooommph... the lights went out. I called receptionist. They were running on generators because so happened power went out today. Acceptable.

2345hrs - As I was flipping through the channels... delighted as there was almost 75 channels on satellite... then... pweeeeee.... the tv went blank on me. It spaced out on me. The blue screen reappeared and after another 5 seconds, it came back on. I was again rooted.

2355hrs - The tv went off again... (please take note I was watching The Exorcist on HBO) I guess it was time to turn it off and sleep. Think no more. Imagine no more. Tomorrow's a better day!

Nites.

Incredible India Day I... more to come. *I miss my bed at home, not that I am fussy and not the adventurer type but.... *

No comments: