Saturday, September 23, 2006

Incredible India: Day V

Why no updates for the last 4 days. Where was Day II, III and IV? Where did it go to? I wish I know the answer. Every night after dinner, I will surf the net and prepare my presentations, slides and training materials on the bed until I fall asleep. Incredible India? ... maybe... I dont know yet. Work has engulfed me in some ways.

Its Friday now. Tomorrow going to Delhi to experience abit of the heart of India. Thanks Preetam, Yograj and Nisha for planning my itinerary. I dont know how is it going to be like but yeay... at least I am not stuck in Windsor Castle. Need to get out from the PMO mindset... need to just forget work for a while! But India was anything but.

I am in Gurgaon, about 30km from Delhi. It is more like a clustered township/city. It works this way, imagine Delhi to be in the middle and there's a ring road going all round Delhi. Along this ring road, you have clustered townships such like Gurgaon. Its funny how it works. You are driving along this unstructured and unplanned highway and all of a sudden out of no where in the middle of a barren land, real modern buildings are either in the middle of construction or are up.

Think Malaysia has bad and uncourteous drivers? Think again... India is worse. Cars weave in and out, no signals, left right... its everywhere! Miraculously, their accident rate is so much lower than to Malaysia. Datuk Chan Kong Choy should take a cue from here. Best of all, cows, donkeys and pigs roam the streets with ease. The streets are filthy, rubbishes everywhere... really. Some parts in Gurgaon looks like refugee camps. In a way, I am truly shocked. Incredible India... I bet. I just hope its not like this in Delhi.

Till then... chao.

No comments: