Friday, September 01, 2006

Mr Badawi, Enlighten Me

I read with interest on the sensitive and controversial issues surrounding Khairy, secular state, Islamic self imposed proposition on Malaysia, Lina Joy... and I couldnt help but wonder:

  1. How lost can these propagators be.
  2. How can Malaysia achieve V2020?
  3. How can Malaysia keep her international trades alive by doing so?
  4. How are these people going to change the constitutional law when half of Malaysia disagrees on the force-adopted concept?
  5. Why is the PM keeping quiet? It has escalated by the day and I have not seen any actions taken by the government.
  6. Why is it that after 49 years of Independence, a portion of people's mindsets are still stuck back to 50 years ago? Instead of moving forward, its taken a step back.

This can go on and on forever. Why the commotion about an Islamic state? Malaysia is Malaysia. We are Bangsa Malaysia. What else can there be? Islam is the official religion, Bahasa Melayu is the official language. As sensitive an issue is, what more could there be? Meritocracy? Bumis have all the privelleges they can get. The rest did not complain. Life went on. What else can there be to satisfy the palate of these glory seekers? I am dumbfounded.

I returned to Malaysia after a 7 year overseas stint in hope of a better future. It was better there. So much better. I was treated the same as what and how others are. It was fair play there. I was enjoying it, the benefits and the perks. BUT, I came back, because deep inside, I know, there is still hope back home. Its been a year plus since my return. I am sorry to say, I regret my decision making then. If the government can answer JUST this ONE question for me, I will be more than gratified.

What am I supposed to tell Malaysians who are planning to return to Malaysia? *please respond to this following question - Tell me, should I come back to Malaysia? Is it SAFE? Economically viable and stable? Politically?*

And there we are, hoping that Malaysians abroad would come back and serve the nation. How naive. I was so #@*&!

Thank you.

No comments: