Saturday, October 21, 2006

8 More Days: KUL-IPH Mayhem

It was mayhem today on the PLUS. I know it was bad, I didnt know it was that bad. Altogether, from Damansara toll to Ipoh toll, it took nearly 7 hours, where it will usually only take about 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours tops. I wasnt prepared for what was going to hit me. When I got up in the morning, I took a peek out to the NKVE and it was clear, to my surprise. I thought... lucky me, everyone went back home yesterday and maybe since it was the first day of Deepavali, I assumed everyone would have either balik-ed kampung or be at home. I took my time and when I was done, I headed out for North Bound PLUS. It was ok, first 10 minutes that is until I reached the intersection of PLUS Connection at Sungai Buloh. There was a long stretch of cars, well, I thought, normal because this stretch is usually the bottleneck. BUT, how wrong was I!!?@!>#@!

Up until Simpang Pulai, I was only able to do 10~20 km/h on first and second gear. Tops I went to was about 80km/h. No more than that! It was horrendous, and I am still wondering, on a freeway where there are no traffic lights, most of the roads were either two way lanes or three for that matter, how on earth can there be a traffic jam when its a free flow? I understand the interchanges which might cause a bit but .... huh??? 0_o??? My deduction from this is:

It's either:
  1. There was an accident OR
  2. There was heavy traffic on one interchange which caused the pileup.
  3. Silly policemen stopping traffic for fines

BUT, it was none of the above, unfortunately and I am left with no logical explanation of why should there be a traffic jam on a freeway. There wasnt any roadblocks, no busy traffic on interchanges or exits for that matter, but there was a 8-car pile up due to the congestion. Apart from that, why is there traffic jam? My only logical senses thinks it is because:

  1. There was still lorries and containers [heavy transport/ logistics] on the freeway when the government has made it very clearly that there should not be allowed on the roads for at least 4 days if I am not mistaken
  2. People stopping by to list down the number plates for tonight's TOTO or Damacai or Magnum
  3. Despite government ads and initiatives to combat accident, there were still cars jumping queue and best of all is, the sole tradition of Msians is the usage of the emergency lane. Pathetic.
  4. Majority of the Woman drivers? Errr.... As much as I want to leave this out... powdering and making up and the same time? lipsticking? Errr... I dont think so!@!?

Anyway, tiring shite. Just to inform you, I have just started my countdown. 8 more days. I just want to get it done and over with. Ta...

No comments: