Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Two Tales of One City

Some say its nice. Some say its not.
Some feel that they feel absolutely at home, whilst some beg to differ.
Others say its so-so while some say its absolutely deplorable. Some couldnt even take it.

I say, let's give it a go. The Directors had a farewell dinner and of 20 odd expats, I was the only Malaysian representative. The Director's final few words for me:

Director: You know something, I could have easily given you a free ride. You could have been posted to Australia or Singapore or even in Malaysia. But not so fast. I was the initiator for your posting to Pakistan.

Me: 0_o HuhHhhh????

Director: The reason being is... the easier ride you get, the lesser you'll learn. That's why you have been given this assignment of UFONE, the biggest thus far in AP. I am not putting you there just because its a good learning curve but more because I know you are capable of it. I want you to come out tops. Dont let me down.

Me: Errr... I wont Sir. I will do the best I can with the faith and trust entrusted in me. I will do the job.

Director: Look Mr Wang, when I leave, please take good care of this young man. He is the best, the one that I only look up to. Please keep an eye out for him....

Director Wang: I know this since the first day I was here. I've been watching...

Me: Err.... Dont say that... its only my job...

Directors: Let's drink to that!!

*yeay... ?*... I dont know... spacing out...

Pakistan... I shall cometh, for Veni, Vedi, Veci. Its 12:44am now. I am still in the office. More nights like that... I'd better be prepared whether I like it or not.

No comments: