Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Venezia...



I was watching the “Travel” channel on satellite just now. They had an entire 2 hour slot dedicated to Venice. Ahh… the love of my life… the story of my life. I can never best find the right words to describe it. Being in the city means falling in love with it. I have personally been there twice and I can never forget every moment of it. The place is filled with memories. Its easy to get lost amidst the maze of cobbled lanes and lamps but that’s exactly what it is all about. Every turn brings a new discovery, and every discovery is a mystified enchantment. The small canals are the best where you’ll find solitude and there’s the occasional humming of Gondoliers on their gondolas serenading. You might not see them but that’s the fun and it’s no wonder they call it the most romantic city. I wouldn’t say otherwise. Paris is OK but Venice is certainly better. I fell in love with the city twice, I wont rule out eternity. St. Marco Sq is just fabulous. You have to be there to fall in love with it. The Grand Canal, the grandeur amongst the grand Palazzos, is just too much to bear. My favorite spot would definitely be the Rialto Bridge. I still remember sitting there under the bridge, watching the gondolas pass by, the romantic serenade, couples walking by, some just sitting by the cafés, watching the world go by, there’s just so much to take in.

I will return. Most definitely!

No comments: