Friday, November 17, 2006

Remaining Time

4:24pm

I have just completed my pre-planning report for BSC surveys and have sent to UFONE for confirmation. Probably be early next week before sites are confirmed and survey can be started. I dislike people crowding behind my desk for discussions. Its plain rude. There always this feeling that they could be peeping at my screen and the thought just kills me.

Listening to Meet Joe Black's orchestra tune. Its soothing. It warms my day. Its cold. Very chilly today. Everyone seems oblivious to the chill. They are all up and about. Why not? Their sites are delayed, customers are beginning to get cold feet as well... and when that happens, its not good. I foresee these to happen soon for me but I intend to avoid it. This is called Risk Management.

I have my snow cap on. People look at me with strange looks. My say, turn the GOD damn heater on! My literal answer to their looks..."Yeah Bhai... Malaysia is hot all season long. No 4 seasons... only one season, which is hot"... and their response go... "AaaAaaHhhhhhHhhhhhh....."

...Long silence, and its all back to work again...

4:34pm

Sullivan Street is on now. Was listening to CC's Round Here before. I saw Amazing Race Asia last night. It was better than expected. But why not, its an overseas production. Its expected. Go Malaysian Team (there's two). But I think the Indonesian team is good. Philippines just got eliminated. Poor thang... what luck they have. Repeats on Sunday @ AXN. Catch it... its cool.

4:37pm

A Chinese national is frowning in front of a Pakistani, all happening right in front of me. There's a long pause. The Pakistani is still waiting. The Chinese frowns further. His forehead lines are showing. The Pakistani frowns as well. The Chinese seems constipated now. Something wants out but its not out. The Pakistani holds his breath. Alas... "E-E-x-ke-paten". Now, the Pakistani frowns... "what???" The Chinese repeats. Now the Pakistani looks at me..."huh??" I look at the Chinese. The Chinese says something in Mandarin. I frown... "huh??" He frowns further, uttering more Mandarin towards me. I frowned further and said... "tell me the word you are trying to say again... " He repeated it three times. I asked him which department is he from. The Pakistani is still looking on but perplexed! The Chinese tells me he is from Civil Works Department. I paused for a while, piecing the jigsaw together. AaaAAaaAAaaHhhhhh.... "EXCAVATION". The frowns disappear from everyone's face. It turns to JOY and ECSTACY. The Chinese and Pakistani thanked me like they have never did before... thanking me for saving their lives and each other's time.

4:46pm

Ahhh.... my favorite song. hold up hold up'...

Another summer day
Has come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home
Mmmmmmmm

Maybe surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Babe I miss you, you know

And I’ve been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two
“I’m fine baby, how are you?”
Well I would send them but I know that it’s just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that

Another aeroplane
Another sunny place
I’m lucky I know
But I wanna go home
Mmmm, I’ve got to go home

Let me go home
'Cause I’m just too far from where you are
I wanna come home

And I feel just like I’m living someone else’s life
It’s like I just stepped outside
When everything was going right
And I know just why you could not
Come along with me
That this is not your dream
But you always believed in me

Another winter day has come
And gone away
In even Paris and Rome
And I wanna go home
Let me go home

And I’m surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
Oh, let me go home
Oh, I miss you, you know

Let me go home
I’ve had my run
Baby, I’m done
I gotta go home
Let me go home
It will all be all right
I’ll be home tonight
I’m coming back home


4:55pm

End. Continue work. Tonight I am going home early. My feet is getting numb. Tmr has to be double socks. No mood to work coz its cold. Going back to chill and have a nice cuppa hot chocolate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hail Uncle Ray. You are the "saviour" and bridge for both CAP n Pakistani to get connected.

They need neither Nokia nor Motorola but YOU....