Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Runaway Hit?

Well... not that I am left with any choice... but I am currently hooked on the soundtrack of this new movie just out not too long ago. The movie, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (Hindi: , Urdu: ???? ?????? ?? ????, translation: Never Say Goodbye) is a film directed by Karan Johar and produced under the Dharma Productions banner. It stars Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta, Abhishek Bachchan and Kiron Kher in pivotal roles. Arjun Rampal and Saira Mohan have cameo roles in the film. The film's score and soundtrack has been composed by the musical trio, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy with lyrics penned by Javed Akhtar. Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna is set in New York City. It was filmed over a 90 day shooting period in the USA and a few scenes were shot on 4 large sets in Mumbai's studios. Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna was released on August 11, 2006

Not exactly a big fan of these movies but I still remember the good ol' times when I use to catch the afternoon slot every Friday and I wouldn't miss it. Then, there wasnt any PS2 or other things to do, and that, my friends, are good quality time spent at home with me 'rents.


At the moment, there's nothing much I can do in Pakistan... not exactly the best of places to be in terms of entertainment but hell, it'll do for the moment because I am not given the luxury of time to do anything else. There are some commandments that I am following at the moment. Here goes:

1st C- Thou Shall not expect anything more than anything in Pakistan

2nd C- Thou Shall BE satisfied with whatever that comes, even to watch AXN on cable

3rd C- Thou Shall not look forward to holidays because there is only 4 real holidays, all towards the end of the year and that also, subjected to local guys.

4th C- Thou Shall not Commit to something that cannot be delivered

5th C- Thou Shall just nod head during "Lost in Translation" moments and clarify later


So far, I can only think of this much. More Laters... Chaoo... and yeah... Happy Birthday MOM! You are always thought of even though at a distance. Love ya'...

No comments: