Tuesday, May 22, 2007

99.9% Enroute to BKK-KUL

Since Saturday, I have been waiting for a feedback after striking a deal with the actor (my project director)... why do I call him the actor?... basically because he is good at acting in front of clients.

Anyway, there wasnt any feedback from him since he said 'Deal Done!'. Therefore, I am able to proclaim now that I will return soon to Malaysia by beginning July 07! You might also wonder, what deal?... well... a deal which has been so hard for me to make... not withstanding the days and nights of thoughts put in for this decision... which is, to make a return back to Pakistan after this trip back home. He is happy, I am OK, everyone else is. I figured there is no retaining power anymore in KL... why not make full use of it when I can although this is not really what I want!

I also left a 0.1% disclaimer just in case. :-)

As time goes by, its getting busier than ever. The whole story is the same. Clients will be happily dishing out harmful and provocative emails pushing you around, I will be calling my engineers, go on site for a while, check some status, have meetings, screw someone and by 4pm, I'd be looking at my emails and heave a big sigh because by this time, there will be at least 80-90 unread emails... most of them labelled with URGENT. Then by 6pm, it increases exponentially at a rate of 15 mails per hour... some who are on site will start calling you again... the whole cycle repeats. At this conjuncture, I would have changed into my second phone battery... by 8pm, I am sitting in my office alone... looking at at least 150 emails @ 80Mb + pictures of sites. Then I will go home, have dinner, short one, and continue on with work trying to filter out emails, delete those which I am on the cc list (cc list meaning I am in the email loop as an observer)... and try skimming through the rest, do a few replies, bathe, turn the music up, reply emails, write my blog and before I know it, its already 1am.

One day, Aszman was quite surprised why I had so many emails. Even he was surprised... I didnt know how to explain. When you are e2e (End to End in a project)... that's what you get because I am monitoring everything... so, all issues, problems will come to you.... from Outsourcing products such like ACs, gensets, fire fighting systems (M&E), civil works... equipment installations... to contract and BOQs. Its all a mind boggler. But today was a relatively fine day with not many big issues. Hopefully, the good run will continue...

No comments: