Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lucky Break...

Problems and issues amounting to an almost standstill since our first pre-test took off 3 days ago. Today I had to take action. Bilal and myself was about to take off to Kohat BSC to inspect the problem and find a solution to it TODAY until one phone call came and told us not to go because 5 engineers from another telecom company was kidnapped in that area. I hesitated for a while but decided to still go for it. I had to. Bilal had to. This BSC was our baby and we are not going to let this go unattended. We were waiting for the car and 2 emails came, again the same story. Aszman sent another email about the story of kidnapping in that area.

I was beginning to regret any action I would take. I stepped back and had a clear thought to myself for about 5 minutes and I told Mr Bilal of my decision and we both walked back in to the office. Cracked my brains a bit, called up my BSS engineers and we had a small meeting between CW and BSS…. And to my surprise, we came out with a solution!!! It was an out of the blue thing and hence, for my reason for not going to the site, we have found a solution to the pending problem.

Moral of the story is, GOD closes one door but open up a myriad of opportunity windows for you. The plus point here is, I did not endanger myself for the job, which I was willing to do NOT for the job, but for the profession I signed up for.

Thank you GOD.

6 comments:

.anna.begins. said...

Yeay. You're safe!
*smile*

RayC said...

for now that is... there was another scuffle in Islamabad today between Islamic extremists and government troops.

.anna.begins. said...

there always is at one time or another isn't there?

stay safe, please.
praying that you'll be back in one piece ;)

heh.

Anonymous said...

luckily you are safe man!Thanks God :-)

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don't think it's funny. Just hope your mum didn't read this.

All it takes is ONE RISK. A simple decision. And you will never be able to turn back history.

Life's more than just work isn't it? Take care of yourself.

Your Ex.

RayC said...

I am fine. It's a routine here. I have to learn to live with it.