Thursday, May 03, 2007

LIVERPOOL IN ATHENS...

Liverpool 4 - 1 Chelsea [on pnt.aft aet][agg 1-1]

Liverpool goes to Athens

*All pictures courtesy of Liverpool FC Website

The *picture says it all and I am truly estactic over it! I am not about to lose sleep over it because Athens is waiting!! It truly does bring back memories of 2 years back, then, I had only returned from UK after 7 years there and I was watching the finals of Istanbul in KL, then, without a job. It was the Liverpool v Milan final! Aahh... how can I forget. Thanks Michelle for your crib back then... unfortunately, no one was there to watch it with me... I still remember feeling dejected at half time, why not... when Liverpool was 3 down to Milan... I nearly cried... I nearly switched the God damn tv off... but I hung on. What happened thereafter needs no explanation. The very next day, I have never ever been prouder than to wear my Riise signed jersey out to town to show off Liverpool's prowess even though it was hot like hell!

Liverpool is in me... I have lived in the city for only 7 years and it felt as though I have lived there all my life! It runs in me, to be at Anfield sends chills down my spine every time the fans start singing You'll Never Walk Alone! In short, it's in my blood.

I love this banner...

... and this as well.



There is just something about Liverpool that amazes me... the song, the fans and their history. Most importantly, its the passion! I have been a supporter for 18 long years ever since I watch my first Liverpool game on tele... back then, it was only an hour slot on "Road to Wimbledon".... still remember the anthem? My first exposure to Liverpool was the match against Nottingham Forest. I still remember sitting there with my uncle and I was just blown away by Liverpool... and I have never looked back ever since. Come end of May, will be the penultimate finale and it will never get better than this!


You'll Never Walk Alone ...

2 comments:

seoumei said...

I can feel the passion just by reading your blog!!

Yes.. You'll never walk alone!!! :D

RayC said...

18 long years of passion... that's the way to become a Red!