Thursday, May 24, 2007

Not Kopite's Year...

Unfortunately not this year... I am scripting this at 1.40am Pakistan time... 2-1 down... I have no comments on why Liverpool couldnt peak at this very crucial moment.

I am feeling a bit dejected...

But guess it has been written in the cards... its never easy as a Scouser to accept defeat this way... it will be a long day tomorrow... here I am staring blankly at the screen, thinking of a way to sum it up but I just couldnt find the right words.

In fact, its sad... it could have been better...

I have seen a better fighting Liverpool side... where was the team of Istanbul 05' spirit? Tonight, there wasnt any sprint. Liverpool knew that was it and the pace just slowed down to an unbearable frustrating stroll along a park... but credit to Crouch, Gerrard, Caragher, Mascherano, Finnan. The back four was fantastic. Zenden and Kewell? nah... wasnt prepared.... my man of the match would be Pennant... he fought for every inch of the field... that was the spirit but in the end, there was only two players... the other being the passionate Liverpool supporters all over the world... especially those in Greece... who sang and sang their hearts out when it mattered most... but guess they knew it as well... its heartbreaking to see some of them crying their hearts out on tele...

It's gonna be a bad day... or week. I need time to recover...

No comments: