Friday, February 22, 2008

Bidding Farewell... Yet Again

I am sure these sentiments are shared amongst my fellow colleagues... I remember taking these pictures in November 2005 when I was first posted to Indonesia and I told myself, I will see you soon.

Now and yet again, I am saying the same words. It just feels unreal that my days in KL have been grossly numbered since day 1 I joined this company. It is countable. It has been 2 years + since I traveled APAC plus the previous 8 years abroad... never thought I would be a nomad in 1998.

As I pack and leave for Manila yet again, it has been melancholic and over the past one year, this has been my sentiments. I fret to leave Malaysia again. I fret so much I am beginning to wonder what if I had stayed and not move again. Would it ever make a difference? This is the one question I ask myself constantly.

The sight of KLCC Petronas Twin Towers at 10pm on the 19th February 2008. A sight that will always remind me of home and how much I cherish it everytime I get the chance to.



Anyway, today also marks the 15th day of Chinese New Year, Chap Goh Mei, which, also is the Chinese Valentine's Day and a good day to 'Fong Sang'... literally meaning, 'Release Life'. I was advised to do so this year. And off I went to the market with my friend this morning to try getting some 'eatable frogs' but to no avail. Instead, found some tortoises in a nearby shop and bought all the available ones.



Four tortoises which were purchased in a nearby shop all packed into a box and waiting to be released into Kinta River



In the process of releasing all four tortoises into the river. It can be deem as a 'deed' done as part of the ritual.


Slowly but surely, after about 2-3 minutes of surveying the coast, the tortoises make their way en route to freedom from captvity.

Slowly submerging into the river.


This CNY has been an eventful one and for the first time, I am able to spend the entire 15 days in Malaysia after 10 years. On the other hand, if it wasnt because of my luckless leg infection/ injury, I wouldnt have been able to stay that long because of the projects I am handling.

I will bid Malaysia goodbye again today as I will be flying off to Manila tomorrow. It will be a tough proposition yet again as I have to come to terms with a few crisis when I reach. Hopefully all will be well in the end.

Tara... Updates later when I am in BICOL.

No comments: