Sunday, March 15, 2009

Magical Night!

Man Utd 1 - 4 Liverpool




A scoreline that undermines the intensity of the pre match hype. For all that has been said, yesterday night was somewhat magical and truly sums up Liverpool’s season for me. Even if they are unable to get the title this season (where chances are slim…), I stand proud amongst all together with Kopites around the world.









The two heroes and most published faces on the internet and football world... *pic courtesy of Soccernet and Liverpool FC.tv


A scoreline that undermines the intensity of the pre match hype. For all that has been said, yesterday night was somewhat magical and truly sums up Liverpool’s season for me. Even if they are unable to get the title this season (where chances are slim…), I stand proud amongst all together with Kopites around the world.

For every goal that was scored, my phone line was inundated with text messages and phone calls. Little did I even realize the 4th nail was hammered onto Man Utd until the whole place erupted at Howzat (English pub in Makati)! By this time, I had little voice to embarrass myself (although I did a good job in dancing my way around MU supporters sitted nearby – fellow colleagues that is). Truly a memorable night. I suddenly found myself lost into the realms of Anfield… I started belting out Liverpool’s chorus chants, YNWA, etc (which on normal days and in sober mode, I wouldn’t). I believe my actions were kinda restrained and had it not for the Mancunians staying quiet after their first goal, I would have given them an ever harder time! I cannot sum up more other than, Great Night, and at OT, makes it even sweeter!

Rivalry between this two clubs dates back to the stone ages (literally) and no one can doubt that! I came back at about 2am after some more partying to the great night and logging on to the internet was even pleasing. Headline flashing across all webpages including Soccernet, Liverpool’s webbie, newspapers, dailies and even FB!!! …. ‘Stunning Liverpool Runs Riot’, ‘Rafa hails Reds Display’, etc.

The other time as far as I can recall being in the same similar jubilant mood was the match against Newcastle (4-3) and also the comback CL Final, Istanbul, in 2005.

But kudos to Gerrard and Torres... clinical finishing, great partnership, sublime performances all round. It's the GT Partnership... YNWA... and given the latest stats, Anfield is truly a Fortress. The table above shows how Anfield is being restored to its glory again...



4 comments:

agnes said...

no matter where we are , we are together...

Anonymous said...

I can imagine that face of yours prancing about in the pub. and I'm sure you must have shed few discreet tears when noone's looking... just like how you always do. hahahahaha YNWL indeed!

RayC said...

true true... its YNWA dear.

Babu said...

old lady was looking at u asif u went TANGA TANGA.....
Thumbs up for Rafa