Monday, April 27, 2009

Day II: Arrivo HK: Part III

Yeah, we arrived and now, time for exploring the metro! MTRs everywhere meant that all we needed was just a travel card and it brought back memories of London Tube. I still remember those were the days when I started off grumbling at every single train ride I have to go on which I got used to years later.


The MTR map of HK. Pretty extensive I must say and I was impressed. At least it was better than KL travel.


First stop was at Wong Tai Sin, a temple somewhere near to Kowloon. Well, just a customary stop to ensure we have a smooth journey and adventure ahead.




Then of course, ppl were always on the move... it felt like millions of them moving at the same time. I mean, the pace here was so much more intense than KL or Philippines. People hurried along through time as though it was coming to an end. It wasnt like I am not used to it but it has been long ever since...



The big metro where all walks of life meet... before and after the red lights somewhere near to Ladies Street.



The night skyline of HK Island from Hotel Panorama. Notice the laser shows which happens daily from 8-9pm.




The night skyline of HK Island from the Avenue of Stars.


The famous junk traveling across the chanel towards HK Island

The sights and sounds of HK were one of the highlights of the trip. Neon lights flood the city scape and its one of the more litted up cities in the world. It was truly spectacular.

No comments: