Wednesday, March 20, 2002

I stare in stupefaction at the ceiling… I stared and stared and stared… one would have wondered how sane this man could be. Strangely enough, nothing was running at the back of my mind. I was just firing blanks with my gaze. Today was strange, there were no plans, absolutely nothing on my mind and I just didn’t know how I managed to scrape through today. Ahhh yes… I had a few pints of Guinness here and there. Anyway, just wanna say that the uni had a partial role in f***ing up my day today… no ITV Sports??? You gotta be joking me! Especially on this important day of Champions League football when the match was a decider match between Liverpool and AS Roma into quarter finals… they can have freaking Sky Sports but no ITV Sports! That is a major joke, you freaked out management!

Anyway, luckily enough, my misery wasn’t compounded further when Liverpool needing a 2-0 score to go into the quarter-finals manage to just to that! A profound score that lifted my day up a little if not a lot. I needed that little energy boost to be honest. But I have no doubt of one thing in my mind, Liverpool has made me and all the fans throughout the world proud! People call it the ‘St. Etienne II’ match because Liverpool needed the same score line to go through in the past when they beat St. Etienne 3-1! Never mind the history now but Liverpool…. You’ll Never Walk Alone. People call me a crazy bugger when it comes to Liverpool… and I really hafta admit… I am! In fact, if I wasn’t at London today, I would have gone for the match because my friend managed to purchase the ticket through black market for £45 per ticket when it cost only £23. Even if it had cost me £60, I would have gone… believe me… to me… it is always worth the while! From the famous terraces of the KOP (formerly known as Spion KOP), banners, scarves and flags hoist up in the air, to the passionate song of Liverpool, ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’, they have never fail to mesmerize me over and over again. Maybe that was also partially the reason why I chose Liverpool as my education hub… sorry mom. *hehehehe*

Besides having Liverpool as my main agenda today… it was also a tiring day for me not so much that I did loads of things but boredom tire me out! These are the times when you just want to sleep and sleep and lie on the bed the whole day through. Actually, coming to think of it, after scrutinizing the uncountable online diaries out there… some with suicidal missions, some imposing self-pity upon thyself, some trying to look cute and cunning… some with adorable instincts, and even some with two fingers up our ass when we browse through their page but funnily enough, what all we bloggers are doing is to keep our sanity going by announcing to the whole wide world what the f*** we did… Ain’t that something cool and new to us? Keeping our sanity by telling practically strangers what the hell we did… do we walk round the street stark naked and tell strangers face to face that we feel sexy? Are we sane enough to go to strangers in a bar and tell them that we are on the verge of crying, suicide or whatever that is? But why do we go about our blogs daily and frankly so comfortably telling practically the entire online community about our daily routines? A rather contradicting fact that the thing which is insane to do is also something sane if we do it the other way round! And maybe, just maybe, this is a way for us to feel good or have a go at ourselves….

My word… I am getting more freaked out now… or maybe I was just too bored today… life goes on… chao.

No comments: