Saturday, July 06, 2002

Man in The Mirror

It's funny how days seems to be filled with anxiety and yet we couldn't do anything about it. Many things and events took place over the past few weeks... too many to be exact that I just don't know where to start. Anyway, to begin with, I bought the new long sleeved Liverpool home jersey for the season '02/'03 on its launch date and the response from the public was far greater than I thought so. People were queueing up for jerseys as though they were free... it was enormous, esthetic and intoxicating... far from what I have imagined it to be. It was just one of them memorable scenes as a truly Liverpool fanatic myself! Coming to the next thing... footie again... I would like to tell the whole world how very glad I am for the Perak Football team back home for lifting the Premier I cup this season... it has been a 13 year wait... CONGRATULATIONS, Champions! Next up... FA cup, Malaysia Cup and Charity Shield!

It will be exactly a year next week since I graduated from LJMU and I will be embarking on a new frontier this time around. It will be a testing period for me both at this very moment and in the future. For the past few weeks... my lines have been so jammed that I wished I had 48 hours in a day. I have been working my socks off at work... and when I'm back at home, other official and important chores seems to be in automatic transmission. Sometimes I wish I could get away from all this just for one day... just one day! My favourite part of the day would be when I am sitted in the car on my way back home. That's the 5 minutes break I enjoy every single day. It is rather silly but it seemed that every car, human, tree and house that passed me by were placed into slow motion. It was like in the movies but strangely enough, that was life and I am sure most people would feel the same when they ask themselves this... "What...?"

Finally, I had a job offer last week but it was for all the wrong reasons. A company from Holland rung me to inform me about an opening in Amsterdam and I was to reply within a day. All benefits were there including a car, relocation and accomodation costs, and everything else that fitted the bill of an expat... no doubt I will be one if I had agreed but not in a million years would I expect myself to be given so much benefits as a fresh graduate. It was like a windfall... I was tempted... the pay was good and I will be working for an International Corporate company in Amsterdam... any better? I didn't think so... but at long last... I rejected it. Why? It was an Auditor's position in a major finance company and I felt it would be better if I remain in what I do best... Engineering. Moreover, I graduated in Mechanical Engineering and only had partial experiences in Accounts Auditing over the past few years... the question many would be asking... then why was I selected? I am dumbfounded as well but the simplest possible explaination I could offer is that they might have felt that my working experience as an Auditor plus my analytical skills in Engineering would be enough to see me through this position. Well... tough luck ain't it? ...as I've said,...for all the wrong reasons...

Nothing is immaculate... I wished everything were... then there'll be less problems but all this are learning experiences. During this tough transition period, we will fight... SP, Des, .. we are fighters. We will make it... and also, I know some of you are pretty pissed off with me for failing to get back to you all after mailing and trying to get me for a few times... but I hope you all understand ok? I am really in the midst of a war here... well... that's it for now... another day to go by... ta'.

No comments: