Monday, June 18, 2007

Sunday: All In A Week's Work

It's Sunday and... gone again...

Tomorrow will be the weekly project review meeting... you see, there's always a slight hesitation and fear of facing customers when time has lapsed and dateline has reached and you've got nothing to show or tell but WIP (Work In Progress). Hmmphh.. wonder how it'll be tomorrow... will let you know.

Today, I went for a haircut with Aszman and as I was sitting there facing myself in the mirror, I scrutinized at myself for a long hard 5 minutes... I reflected on my 2 second horror yesterday... something that I dont do very often because usually when I am sat on the chair, I will just close my eyes and rest and let the barber get on with his work. BUT not today... I have gotten old. I didnt freak out... but kept on pondering. As the barber went along cropping my unkempt hair... I looked down and saw hair strewn all over... there were more whites than blacks. I dont remember seeing that many the last time around. It was like watching horror unfold by itself and yet, you cant do anything about it... people call it, 'Quarter Life Crisis'... errrr... maybe to me, its a bit more. It wasnt just the color of the hair anymore...

I still remember back then in March 2002, I asked myself a question... what does it feel like being amongst the elites? I am one now... any difference? I still remember I hungered for the sort of moments I am in now... do I feel better now? The answer is no. I derive with this notion that as we grow older, we want to get younger but that's not going to happen... hence, enjoy the moment now because we'll never get back to what we've lost today... for today is all there is... and it'll never come back. 5 years have passed since... I am what I am today for the struggles that I had to endure then... March 2002, that was the first time my ex left me and how I was struggling to juggle between 4 odd jobs and a Master's Degree in tow... and I have told myself to be strong... one day, just one day, you'll be there...

I am here now. I should be thankful and not complain about my white hair OR the '2 second' horror flick...

Good night Sunday...

No comments: