Friday, July 11, 2008

What Is & What Not's... A bLoT iN mY BrAiNs...



I had a read through my blog recently which I started since 2002. Browsed through randomly and found a few articles that brings a chuckle or two…

I still remember more than one occasion (here, here and here) I complained that in Pakistan, people that slacks big time as though they are in slumberland because they are so fond of the phrase ‘I Don’t Know’. I used to get very agitated and had to educate them about finding out, so on and so forth.

Now, in the Philippines, I don’t have to worry about that no more, instead, I have to worry about their commitments because their national prided phrases are ‘No Problem Sir’, ‘Ok Sir’ and ‘Tomorrow Sir’ in all situations, but do they know that sometimes, tomorrow never comes???? Its truly an eye opener working with them actually.

The people in Pakistan is in slumberland waiting for snow to fall whilst the people in Philippines are experiencing snowfall without one. Ever wondered why these two countries are lacking behind? … and that… I would say is about 30 years behind Malaysia.

I am not saying Malaysia is good though… they are structurally developed in that sense, mentally… still some way to go, but national pride and focus is way way out! I mean, lets take into perspective what Malaysia offers or has:

1. National Car – Proton
2. National Airline – MAS
3. National Budget Airline – Air Asia
4. National Resources – Petroleum, Gas, Water, rubber, tin, palm oil, Buatan Malaysia products, etc
5. National Treasure – Tourism, people of different walks of life, size, age, creed, tolerance and free practice of religion, etc


With this, ever wondered why Malaysia is still struggling to meet ends meet? Why the people are still squabbling over petty issues? Racial slurs in this 21st century?? Power-mongering dictators? Power hungry senates? Why is Malaysia still struggling when we are a nation of oil producers? Why are we still importing rice when we have our northern corridor of Perlis and Kedah filled with paddy fields? Where is FELDA? After 50 years of independence and staying together, why are the different races still wanting to rid each other? Are we losing our heads already?

What I see is eventually, Malaysia will self destruct in their own hands if nothing is done.

As for me, I am stuck in values. 1/3 of my life has been spent abroad and I truly believe, Malaysia is still a wonderful place to be in but as the years go on, the percentage gets lower. I believe many others see it the same way and want out.

I rest my case as a concerned citizen…. Hmmphh… hey… why am I ending up with the political bullshit? As if we care…

No comments: